7 Jun 2021
In its 8th year, the Savannah Gourmet Seafood & Spirits Festival brings together seafood, spirits, and Savannah hospitality. What's not to love about that?
Enjoy a range of activities - from the five-course tasting dinners and sprawling outdoor events to stunning brunch spreads and curated cocktail experiences. This festival showcases celebrated chefs inventing new flavors, along with bartenders with a flair for creating magic with their cocktails.
There are several reasons the festival is a highlight.
1. Some of the most renowned venues in the city host the events, including the Drayton Hotel, Plant Riverside Riverboat, Savannah Boathouse, the Grand Lakes Club, and several area restaurants. So, you get to enjoy a cutting-edge culinary scene in premiere settings. Some venues offer laid-back charm, while others provide unparalleled vistas.
2. Participate as little or as much as you want. The Gourmet Seafood & Spirits Fest concept takes physical distancing into account, so you can let common sense (and your stomach) guide you. Whether you want to attend the Bubbles & Pearls gala on Aug. 23 or the Tiki Luau Brunch on Aug. 29, there are choices for every taste.
3. Choose your days. With a week of activities, participants can pick and choose before purchasing tickets. The fest starts with the kick-off of S&S Restaurant Week on Aug. 22. Special Sip & Savor cocktails and Prix Fixe Menus are available at participating restaurants, including St. Neo's, La Scala, Cha Bella, Castaways, and more.
4. Pick the winner. You vote for your favorites to crown the champions. Be aware that tastings are limited to 400 adventurers.
5. Dig into a Lowcountry Boil. Need we say more? From 5-8 p.m. on Aug. 25, the Savannah Boathouse hosts a favorite local tradition by cooking up the day's catch and offering it up until it's gone. The event also allows participants to check out the Freedom Boat Club's new digs.
6. Do something good. The event benefits the Savannah Harbor Foundation, which has been around for two decades helping local nonprofits. So, the price of your ticket helps raise funds for several area charities.
Book a stay in one of our exclusive Savannah townhomes to experience the city like a local while enjoying the Fest.