4 Oct 2021
Fall is one of the best times of year to visit Georgia's most beautiful city. The mild temperatures offer a respite with plenty of outdoor activities to keep you busy.
1) Are you a runner? Run a course that travels 13.1 beautiful miles of tree-lined streets and city squares in the Publix Savannah Women's Half & 5K, set Oct. 9. The Fitness Fashion Expo starts things off from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 8. The run begins at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 9, from the Drayton Street side of Forsyth Park. Take part in Yoga in the Square at Ellis Square from 9-10 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 10. Plan a girls' getaway with a stay at one of our charming Forsyth Park vacation homes.
2) Another great event for runners is the Savannah Rock N' Roll Marathon set Nov. 6-7. Escape your routine and join us for a Southern getaway in the heart of Savannah. Run this flat, fast course, and you'll uncover all that this charming city has to offer, from the Victorian homes and antebellum architecture to an incredible finish in the magical Forsyth Park. You'll experience Southern charm as the community lines the streets to cheer you on.
3) Explore the Historic District by bicycle and feel like a kid again. Take a bike tour or rent bikes to explore on your own.
4) Enjoy a picnic lunch while listening to the Savannah Philharmonic & Philharmonic Chorus at Phil the Park on Nov. 14. Party music from the 3rd ID military bands kicks things off at 3 p.m., with the Savannah Philharmonic taking the stage at 5 p.m. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets, and picnic baskets (alcohol not purchased on site is not permitted). Don't want to pack a meal? No worries. Local food trucks will be on site. Tickets are free, but you'll want to reserve a spot as capacity is limited. Even if you miss the concert, a picnic in the park is always lovely.
5) Tee off against your buddies during a guys' getaway or plan a romantic weekend for the couple who plays golf together. The Club at Savannah Harbor features an exciting 18 holes of championship golf with a view of the Savannah River. Elevate your weekend experience with a stay at our two-bedroom Seaport Loft property with first-class amenities and a spectacular rooftop view of the Savannah River waterfront.
6) Take a sailing charter for a magical tour off the beaten path aboard Sail Savannah's Kestrel, a 30-foot Catalina 30. View dolphins in the wild, experience gorgeous sunsets, and see beautiful waterfront homes. You'll see places only accessible by boat.
7) Stroll the cobblestone streets overlooking the Savannah River while perusing quaint stores and boutiques? River Street and City Market offer a variety of lovely shops for souvenirs, locally-made treats, and clothing. Serious shoppers head to Broughton Street, where you'll discover thrift shops next to brand-name retailers. Whitaker Street, just north of Forsyth Park, is a delightful spot for clothing, home decor, and whimsical finds.
Some folks claim autumn as their favorite time to visit Savannah. We can see why!