29 Mar 2021
At a time when folks hunker down and stay in, some might prefer a home-away-from-home vacation experience. That makes Savannah a perfect vacation choice.
1) Walk to one of the area's historic squares or parks. Forsyth Park homes are among the most popular accommodations for a good reason. These Savannah vacation rentals on the city's quiet side put guests walking distance to the famous fountain that's surrounded by a 30-acre park.
2) Sip wine in a private courtyard while staying near other historic squares. Crawford Carriage House, for example, is steps from historic sites. Colonial Park Cemetery is a short walk west down East Perry Lane. Oglethorpe, Columbia, and Greene squares are located just to the north. Go south to discover the gothic architecture of the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist.
3) Pick up your favorite morning drink at a neighborhood coffee shop, then enjoy it in your private courtyard. Our Sweet Georgia Brownstone has a large outdoor space with a four-seat table, charcoal grill, surrounding fence, and brick patio. Another property. Gordon Garden also offers a private courtyard. A cobblestone path and surrounding historic buildings add to its ambiance.
4) Entertain friends and family at upscale vacation homes such as our Southern Jewel Estate, a 4-bedroom, 4-bath house that sleeps up to 10. Two living spaces offer plenty of comfortable seating, and one boasts a fireplace. The formal dining room seats eight, and another dining room seats six. A full, gourmet kitchen has everything needed to prepare plenty of food and drinks for your guests.
5) Enjoy a refreshing swim at Seona House, which has a private, heated pool and large patio. Located just down the street from Pulaski Square, Seona House offers four bedrooms and 4.5 baths, along with spacious bedrooms, a large gathering space, a well-equipped kitchen, and a couple of balconies.
6) Take a history tour, just steps from your Savannah vacation home. Georgia is one of the original U.S. colonies, and the area's history stretches back about 300 years. We recommend Old Savannah Trolley Tours as an affordable, entertaining, and educational way to get a good overview of the city. If you prefer, Old City Walks offers another way to get the grand tour.
7) Get in on Savannah's St. Patrick's Day celebration. Though the city has canceled large-scale events, raise a glass at a neighborhood pub on March 17.
8) Hit the local gourmet shops and put together a Southern feast. Even our smaller rentals such as the one-bedroom Down Under Darby offer gourmet kitchens, this one fully outfitted with new, stainless steel appliances, a huge sink, and expansive granite countertops. Large, comfortable seats at the bar allow for entertaining while preparing a meal. Prefer take-out? Several nearby options include The Lady & Sons and restaurants at City Market and along River Street.
9) Speaking of River Street, take a stroll along this waterfront district, with more than 75 souvenir shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs housed in old cotton warehouses. It's the go-to for nightlife as well.
10) Relax. A Savannah experience is all about kicking back and taking it easy. Our goal is to provide personal attention to meet your vacation needs, and we stock rentals with everything you need to have a great time.